LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW, LMHC, or LMFT)
About the Florida Justice Center
We give people a second chance by providing them with legal representation, bail assistance, reentry support, connections to social services, and the tools they need to succeed. We are a racial equity organization that is working to disrupt the way justice-involved people are dealt with from the time of arrest through their release from incarceration.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker/Case Manager (LCSW) position is a supervisory position within a small, but growing, nonprofit organization focused on social and racial justice, reentry services, and legal support. The LCSW will be responsible for supervising and training social work interns and volunteers, coordinating internal and external mental health services, coordinating community resources and referrals, and developing and evaluating programs. The LCSW will also be providing hands-on counseling and case management services as well as designing and leading support groups.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide counseling, therapy, and/or psychotherapy to clients, groups, and families
- Diagnose psychological, behavioral, and emotional disorders and develop individual treatment plans.
- Supervise and train mental health counselor and caseworker interns, volunteers, and employees.
- Conduct initial assessment of client’s situation to determine needs and goals.
- Develop and evaluate programs.
- Develop and coordinate support groups.
- Research, build relationships with, and refer clients to community resources to address barriers to reentry, including but not limited to: mental or physical health, financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement, education, and transportation.
- Maintain case files and records with strict confidentiality in accordance with policies and procedures, regulations, and the law.
- Monitor clients by conducting periodic follow-up and aftercare.
- Follow policies and procedures, participating in quality reviews and reporting needed changes.
- Help clients adjust to life changes and challenges.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work (MSW), or directly related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Valid and current Florida LCSW, LMHC, or LMFT license.
- Minimum two-years’ experience as licensed clinical social worker or equivalent.
- Proven work experience as a caseworker and/or case manager.
- Ability to make psychosocial assessments and develop/implement care plans.
- Knowledge of corrections treatment and rehabilitation programs.
- Ability to provide after-hours service as needed.
- Ability to write reports and present to a variety of stakeholders and groups.
- Experience with case management software.
- Experience facilitating group therapy and cognitive behavioral programs.
- Valid Florida driver license and reliable transportation.
- Current First Aid/CPR certificate.
- Proof of ability to work in the United States.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products and sending/receiving emails.
- Willing to submit to background check, if required.
Required Soft Skills
- Ability to relate and communicate without judgment with diverse populations and groups, including those with substance abuse and/or mental health issues, and accused and/or convicted of a variety of crimes.
- Excellent active listening and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Social perceptiveness and empathy.
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong desire to help others.
- Experience supervising, training, and mentoring graduate-level students.
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish or Haitian Creole
- Familiarity with recidivism risk assessment tools
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary is $47,000-$50,000 + bonuses for meeting predefined milestones.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Paid license and certification renewal, continuing education classes.
- Paid professional liability insurance.
- Work hours are flexible based on the needs of the organization and will often exceed 40 hours and may include evening and weekend shifts.
- This is an exempt position in accordance with the FLSA.
- Travel within Florida is occasionally required.