LICENSED CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER (LCSW, LMHC, OR LMFT)
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW, LMHC, or LMFT)
About the Florida Justice Center
We give people a second chance by providing them with legal representation, bail assistance, reentry support, connections to social services, and the tools they need to succeed. We are a racial equity organization that is working to disrupt the way justice-involved people are cared for from the time of arrest through their release.
The Licensed Clinical Social Worker/Case Manager (LCSW) position is a supervisory position within a small, but growing, nonprofit organization focused on social and racial justice, reentry services, and legal support. They will be responsible for supervising and training social work interns and volunteers, coordinating internal and external mental health services, coordinating community resources and referrals, and developing and evaluating programs. The LCSW will also be providing hands-on counseling and case management services as well as designing and leading support groups.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide counseling, therapy, and/or psychotherapy to clients, groups, and families
- Diagnose psychological, behavioral, and emotional disorders and develop individual treatment plans.
- Supervise and train mental health counselors and caseworker interns, volunteers, and employees.
- Conduct initial assessment of client’s situation to determine needs and goals.
- Develop and evaluate programs.
- Develop and coordinate support groups.
- Monitor clients by conducting periodic follow-up and aftercare.
- Help clients adjust to life changes and challenges.
- Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Social Work (MSW), or directly related field from a regionally accredited institution.
- Valid and current Florida LCSW, LMHC, or LMFT license.
- Proven work experience as a caseworker and/or case manager.
- Ability to make psychosocial assessments and develop/implement care plans.
- Knowledge of corrections treatment and rehabilitation programs preferred.
- Experience facilitating group therapy and cognitive behavioral programs.
- Current First Aid/CPR certificate.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products and sending/receiving emails.
- Excellent active listening and communication skills.
- Ability to relate and communicate without judgment with diverse populations and groups, including those with substance abuse and/or mental health issues, and accused and/or convicted of a variety of crimes.
- Strong desire to help others.
- Experience supervising, training, and mentoring graduate-level students.
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish or Haitian Creole
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary is $45,000-$50,000 + performance bonuses.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Paid license and certification renewal, continuing education classes.
- Paid professional liability insurance.
- This is an exempt position in accordance with the FLSA.
- Travel within Florida may occasionally be required.